8.13.2007

NMC Second Life Conference: Day 1


NMC's Symposium on Creativity in Second Life started yesterday, August 12th. This is my first virtual conference, so I'll be documenting my experience over this week.

This morning, as I would normally do in FL (first life, not Florida), I took a little virtual walk through the exhibit hall, where I found absolutely no one. I found it interesting that the hall looked pretty much the way the FL ones do, but with no one to chat with. Oh, I did spot someone in the center of the hall, but he flew away as I approached. Perhaps it's too early for the conferencees--it is after all the first week before classes.

I'm off to sessions....

I attended a few sessions today, one that showed us how to create, put on, and acquire clothing and another on how to move, dance, and pick up objects. Hmmmmm. I guess this is all very useful if you're getting started with SL and need a chance to practice and learn how to do some basic things.

Tomorrow I'll be attending some sessions that have more to do with teaching and learning in virtual spaces. Stay tuned...

No comments: